Bashford Jewelry puts sustainability at the forefront of every decision we make because we value sustainable measures to benefit our fellow humans and the planet.
Most mining and extraction techniques contribute to the decline of the environment. In fact, even when done properly, mining can still contribute to stripping soil from the surface. This leads to soil erosion, the loss of biodiversity, sinkholes, and even the disruption of ground and surface water. And developed countries are not exempt. In even the most developed countries such as the United States, mining is one of the most toxic pollutants, responsible for up to 96% of arsenic and 76% of lead emissions.
AT BASHFORD JEWELRY, WE MAKE A CONSCIOUS EFFORT TO IMPROVE LOCAL AND GLOBAL SUSTAINABILITY BY CHOOSING GREENER PROCESSING, CREATION, AND MAINTENANCE METHODS, INCLUDING:
- Locally-made production
- Using recycled precious metals and paper
- Reusing packaging materials
- Printing only what’s necessary
- Recycling all eligible materials
- Installing energy-efficient studio lights
- Selecting “green” cleaning solutions and methods
- As jewelers, we aim to use the most efficient, eco-friendly and pro-social technologies and practices available. From investing in green building infrastructure to minimizing our waste, water, and energy footprints, we make the most sustainable products with the least impact possible.
- Finally, and most importantly, we value and invest in people who continue to make this sustainability a reality, be it people we hire or brands and ventures we support.
LET'S MAKE A DIFFERENCE, TOGETHER
At Bashford Jewelry, we do our best when it comes to recycling, making eco-friendly choices and providing our customers with quality work they can believe in, both in terms of beauty and sustainability. But above all, we work to broaden the education and understanding behind mining and jewelry making to people inside and outside the industry. We’re all in this together, so the least we can do is play our part to make it a better, more beautiful world. One of the easiest ways that a consumer can contribute to environmentally sustainable initiatives is to purchase from stores and businesses that practice proactive sustainability measures. If you would like more information regarding sustainability in jewelry, our designers, or how you can make an active difference, please email us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to share even more information.